Potatoes and Eggs are a good combination, kids are going to love this !!
Baked Egg with Potato Cup is a delicious dish and my successful experiment of eggs and a cup with potatoes. The dish is healthy, easy to prepare and has minimal use of oil. The flour is used to prepare a cup, filled with potatoes, baked well and then filled with egg and toppings. The dish is yummy treat to the taste buds and is loved by kids too. Enjoy the delicious baked eggs with potato cup.
Recipe – Baked Egg with Potato Cup
15 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for baking
- 1 egg
- 1 big potato
- 200 grams all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion
- 1 green chili
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 3-4 black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- You will need a small steel bowl.
- Brush oil on the inner side of the bowl and keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Chop the onion, green chilies, coriander leaves into tiny pieces.
- Crush the black peppercorn and keep aside.
- Knead dough of all purpose flour adding some salt to it and keep aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes and let them cool down.
- Mash the boiled potatoes, add cumin seeds and salt to it; and keep aside.
- Now roll out a small chapatti shape from a small amount of the dough.
- Cup in the mashed potatoes and close it.
- Roll it in the shape of a ball and press it gently with your palms of the size of the base of your steel bowl.
- Now roll out a chapatti of the dough which should fit in exactly with the edges of your bowl when you place it in.
- Now place the rolled chapatti in the greased bowl.
- Apply little water on the base of the ball prepared earlier, and place it in the bowl on the chapatti.
- Applying oil will help it stick well to the chapatti.
- Now place the bowl in the oven at 180 degree centigrade for 10-15 minutes.
- The chapatti will turn a bit hard. Take out the bowl from the oven and let it cool.
- Remove the chapatti which would have now taken the shape of a bowl and place it aside.
- Now, break and egg and pour it in the chapatti bowl.
- Now sprinkle the pieces of onion, green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle crushed black peppercorns, salt and red chili flakes.
- Place it back in the oven for another 15 minutes at 180-200 degrees centigrade.
You are now ready to serve the Baked Egg with Potato Cup hot!!
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh