Healthy Indianized Version of Pizza!!
Baked Capsicum Uttapam is a delicious recipe and an unique twist to the South Indian recipe. The recipe was aired in Zee Khana Khazana and trying it was a great surprise to the taste buds. An unique flavor and aroma of the delicious recipe. Hope you enjoy the delicious recipe of baked capsicum uttapam too.
Recipe – Baked Capsicum Uttapam
10 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 2 cups uttapam batter
- 1 inch ginger cube
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 green capsicum
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoon oil
- Chop ginger, green chilies and coriander leaves into small pieces.
- In the uttapam batter mix the chopped ginger, green chilies and coriander leaves.
- Slice rings of red, yellow and green capsicums.
- Cut some small pieces of the colored capsicums too.
- Also, slice thin slices of onion.
- Grate mozzarella cheese and keep aside.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees centigrade.
- To a non-stick pan add 1 teaspoon oil and then the mixed uttapam batter.
- When cooked from one side, turn it upside down, so that it is evenly cooked from the other side as well.
- When done, remove the uttapam from the pan on a tissue paper.
- Decorate the capsicum rings, sliced onions on the cooked uttapam.
- Now add grated mozzarella cheese to it.
- Further, add the small pieces of colorful capsicum pieces and place the uttapam on a baking tray.
- Bake the uttapam in the oven at 200 degrees centigrade for 5-7 minutes.
You are now ready to serve hot Baked Capsicum Uttapam garnished with oregano and red chili flakes.