Afghani Chicken – Yummy White Tandoori Chicken
The recipe of Afghani Chicken comes from the kitchens of Moti Mahal, thanks to Star News for featuring the show. The recipe is easy, though time taking for marination; but worth the effort and patience. Afghani Chicken is a blend of chicken with cheese, cream, and cashew nuts; and is not spicy; the reason why it is mostly loved by kids. Hope you enjoy the delicious recipe too.
Recipe – Afghani Chicken
15 minutes for preparation, 4 hours waiting time, 45 minutes for cooking
- 600 grams chicken
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 – 12 cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoon cream
- 1 egg
- Make gashes in the chicken.
- Add ginger garlic paste, lemon juice and salt to the chicken and mix well with hands, so that the juices seep into the gashes as well. Leave aside for 1 hour.
- Prepare a paste of cashew nuts, grated cheese (you can use mozzarella cheese too in case you don’t find cheddar cheese), 1 tablespoon cream and milk and keep aside.
- Whisk 1 egg and keep aside.
- After one hour of marination with the lemon juice is over, add the cashew nut paste, 1 tablespoon cream, and whisked egg and rub the mixture on the chicken with your hands to mix the marination well into the chicken parts. Keep aside for 3-4 hours.
- After 3-4 hours of the second marination, you are now ready to grill the afghani chicken in an oven.
- Preheat the oven at 250 degrees centigrade for 30 minutes.
- Skew the marinated chicken into the skewers and place it in the oven. Bake it at 200 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Take the pieces out and apply oil on the chicken pieces. Keep it back in the oven and bake it again for 15 minutes at 250 degrees.
The chicken must be cooked by now and you are now ready to serve the Afghani Chicken with onions slices and mint chutney.