Pozole – The special occasion dish !!
The Pozole is a Mexican dish is customary in the national holidays and presentation varies depending on the state of the republic which is prepared. The dish is so fabulous you cannot stop eating. Maize used to be a sacred plant for the Aztecs and used to be cooked on special occasions.
Recipe – Pozole De Puerco
30 minutes for preparation, 5 hours for cooking
- 1 kg pork (leg) in medium pieces
- 1 kg of pork ribs, in pieces
- 1 kg of boiled corn (maize, corn)
- Oregano 2 c
- 1 head garlic
- 1 whole white onion
- 1 green chili
- 1 1/2 cup marinade
- 8 pieces of guajillo chili
- 8 pieces of pasilla chili
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 c Oregano
- Salt to taste
Preparation of Marinade:
- Need to clean and remove the seeds from the chilies.
- Put water to boil in a pan. Add the chilies to the boiling water. Remove from heat.
- Let it cool and then place it in a blender along with two cloves of garlic, 1 tbsp of oregano and salt to taste (not much),
- Now strain and reserve.
Preparing the dish:
- In a pan put meat, ribs and wash them thoroughly.
- Clean the corn in enough water and a head of garlic.
- Let it cook for 4 hours until meat and corn are cooked.
- Add green chili marinade and onion and oregano seasoning.
- Simmer another hour, take care not to overcook the corn.
The dish is ready to be served with Tostado (Fried Tortilla), red radish, lettuce leaves, onions.