Nothing can taste better than prawns grilled in a tandoor and served with chutneys!!
Lehsuni Malai Prawns, is a simple and easy to prepare dish with yummy flavors. Marinated for sometime in cream and garlic with some spices, the prawns gain a unique flavor and aroma when cooked. The look of the lehsuni malai prawns is appealing and I bet any non-veg lover is bound to love this. The flavors are smooth and crunchy at the tails which can be savored too. I prefer to serve the yummy lehsuni malai prawns with coriander chutney.
Recipe – Lehsuni Malai Prawns
10 minutes for preparation, 45 minutes for marination, 15 minutes for grilling
- 250 grams prawns
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 tsp mozzarella cheese
- 1 pod garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp ghee
- Clean and de-vein the prawns. Cut apart the thorny part in the tail, lest you end up injuring your tongue when eating the lehsuni malai prawn. Wash the prawns well.
- Peel and chop the garlic into tiny pieces.
- Grate the mozzarella cheese and set aside.
- Prepare a marinade with cream, mozzarella cheese, chopped garlic, salt, black pepper powder, red chili flakes and garam masala.
- Add the prawns to the marinade and let marinate for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 250 degrees centigrade.
- Skew the prawns and bake it in the oven at 250 degree centigrade for 3-4 minutes.
- Dab the prawns with ghee and place it back in the oven.
- Reduce the heat now to 180 degrees and grill for another 10 minutes.
You are now ready to serve the yummy Lehsuni Malai Prawns with coriander chutney !!
Recipe By: Priya Chepte
Image By: Priya Chepte