Kick of the garlic on the potatoes !!
One of the best things I have ever tried creating with the potatoes and garlic. The dish was an accidental discovery trying to make out something which turned out to be something different. But yes, it was simply loved by my family when served. My niece simply savored it. You should try it for sure.
Recipe – Garlic Potato Fry
15 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for cooking
- 6 large potatoes
- 6 garlic flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil
- Chop the potatoes into small cubes and wash them under running water for nearly 5 minutes.
- Peel the garlic and chop into small pieces. Chop the coriander leaves finely and keep aside.
- To the wok add oil and let it heat till fuming. Remove the wok from heat and let the oil cool.
- Put it back on heat and add the chopped garlic. When the garlic starts turning brownish in color add the chopped potatoes and let them fry.
- Do not stir too much lest you end up mashing up the whole potatoes. Keep stirring at frequent intervals. Add salt to taste and let it cook.
- Cook at medium high flame till the potatoes turn brownish in color.
- Now add the garam masala, red chili powder and chopped coriander leaves.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder and let cook for another 4-5 minutes.